1. Bryant, fresh from the womb, suffered from a rather severe umbilical cord infection called oomphalitis that in the United States only happens in about .2-.5% of births and has about a 10% mortality rate if caught early and 80% mortality rate if the infection had spread to the surrounding skin. Scary! Luckily we did catch it early and after a week of daily visits to the doctors office for antibiotic injections and 10 days of oral antibiotics afterwards the little guy did pull through without any problems
2. We went to Palm Springs!! It was great to see everyone again and catch up. Brooke had fun trying to learn how to swim after realizing she couldn't float without arm floaties and Bryant got to be the hot potato as he was passed among dozens of anxious arms. It was just an all around good time.
3. While in California Bryant and Olivia were begging and pleading to go to Disneyland for the first time and after much begging and pleading on their part, Brooke finally agreed to come along and show them the ropes:-) A fun day was had by all cause let's face it: It's impossible to get TOO much of the Magic Kingdom and their churros!!
4.Upon returning home and bringing Bryant back in for a check-up at the doctor's office, we were informed that he is now suffering from RSV which a chest x-ray revealed has also given rise to a slight case of pneumonia. The boy just can't catch a break! So for the past week or so he has had to endure 2-3 breathing treatments every day from the infamous nebulizer which he has actually done remarkably well tolerating. The one thing I know about this kid is he is definitely not a complainer. He still only cries when he is hungry or dirty and if we didn't have a chest x-ray confirming it, it would actually be quite difficult to believe he is even sick.
Needless to say our life over the past month has had it's share of ups and downs, but what's life without a little adventure right?
I'm a Wild and Crazy Guy!
Nothing better than taking a breather at the breastfeeding bench!
Bryant's inflamed belly button a few days after he started antibiotics. The infection was actually quite a bit worse a few days before this picture was taken

If your plastic play food is happy, how bad can life be:-)?
Brooke daydreaming she's in a meadow with Edward Cullen
Daddy and the Kids
Another Daddy and Kid
Sleepy child.......Happy Mom!!
Cool in the Pool!
Bryant's unfortunate foray into women's clothing. After dirtying his outfit on the road without a backup, Olivia was kind enough to loan him this purple number from the spring line.
Brooke's favorite funny face!
Brooke mourning Uncle Scott's departure from Palm Springs
Brooke and Taylor showing their mutual disdain for posed photos
Nothing better than a little cuddle time with "Grandpa O"
Fun with the Great Grandparents
Olivia and Grandpa O's matching hat styles
"I gotta get me one of these!"
Taking a little breather in the pool
The smiley Griffeths!
Erin and her new beau James.
"What is the minimum age to go on Safari?"
These are the moments
Show me a fountain and I'll show you a playground
I love these stiff horses with the metal bars impaling their midsection
Mommy/Daughter pic!
Brooke counseling Olivia on what life holds in store.
Great Grandparents O'Bryant
I love Aunt Erin!
Smiley girls!
Bryant kickin back with Jessie
Shan, Erin and Mom
"I love these new hip oxygen bars!"
"Why do you keep pointing that flashy thing at me?"
"I love my little Bro!"
Happy Family!
























9 comments:
I LOVED all of the cute pictures, and I especially loved Kenny's hilarious comments!
Talk about an eventful month! Whew! We can't wait for you guys to come visit US now!
I've been missing Brooke in Nursery, but I'm glad that she has been having so much fun! Being a big sister looks like a lot of fun!
Wow! What a crazy month. We are so glad that your little guy is okay!!
Bryce and Sarah
Love the pictures, I laughed so hard about the caption of your daughter dreaming about being in the meadow with Edward Cullen, that I had to comment. I love Twilight. I wen to the same school as Kenny, but he knows my sister and brother better -Kali and David.
You have tons of smiles, beautiful people, fun activities, and lots of love. What a wonderful thing it is to have a family!!!
I'm glad little Bryant is okay! What a stressful month. Palm Springs looked like a blast. All the O'Bryant grandkids are adorable!!!
Hi Shannon!
So glad Bryant is alright! Whew! What a month and I'm sure stressful with the illnesses! But on the upside - Palm Springs, Disneyland, and O.C. are awesome aren't they? Loved all the photos - except the belly button :( So Sad and I'm sure painful!!! Hope it's not too hot in Vegas - if you need a break come back to MV!!!
Carol
hey ya guys, glad to see you've been busy. I'm also glad everything's well with Bryant, you're not kidding, that kid can't catch a break! My dad said you blessed him the other day, congrats! We just had our second, Mackenzie. She's doing great. Take care guys, don't be afraid to drop a line!
i cannot believe how fast brooke is growing up. i remember when you were barely pregnant with her and we were eating spicy wings at wingers. good times. miss you guys!
Post a Comment