Saturday, May 10, 2008

He Pees like a Pro!!

So it's been awhile since our last post as we have been trying to get our life back into some sort of order, but now that I have a quick moment I thought I'd do an update and post some more pictures of our new addition. First, let me say that one lesson we've learned very quickly is that Bryant pees everywhere he can during a diaper change! Now you may think this is because of our relative inexperience with boys, but let me assure you that we do all we can to prevent it. The boy just has impeccable timing for turning on the faucet during his 2-3 second window of opportunity to exact maximum wettage and effect. Even during his circumcision he peed all over the doctor, which the doctor commented was probably the most pee he'd ever seen in all the circumcisions he had ever done. I think I'm even a tiny bit proud that he's able to do this on such a consistent basis. Needless to say we are continually adapting , and getting pretty good at rushing him to the bathtub after a diaper change.


But despite these adventures during his changing, Bryant still remains a very pleasant and good natured little guy. He still rarely cries (even though he has finally learned how to. It sounds like a little squawking bird) and is a fairly consistent sleeper usually sleeping about 3 1/2 hours at a time. He loves sleeping in his carseat and his swing and one of the fun extras we get when he sleeps is that he often smiles and laughs while he's dreaming, a couple times even letting out hearty chuckles. Brooke still loves to give him lots of hugs and kisses which he tolerates fairly well. Every now and then the ugly green head of jealousy will arise in big sister in the form of Brooke pinching his ear, nibbling on his toes, or even just conking him in the head, but most of the time she just wants to love him.


Anyway, we're loving our new life with little Bryant and here are some more pictures to enjoy!







That's right! My son.....wait for it.......dunking a basketball!!




First bath with Mr. Washcloth in place to protect him from any future humiliation.






Brooke really wanted to make a birthday cake for Bryant, so we made it together and had a little family party to welcome him home





Brooke getting ready for summer. She actually came out of her room after a nap fully dressed like this cause she wanted to go swimming so badly.




Bryant laughing while he sleeps









Is there any way I could drive and you ride in this portable bed/chair?






I wish these giants would stop picking me up all the time!




Mom, Bryant, and Big Sis









Finally my arms aren't compressed against my sides from Mom's infamous night swaddle




"So I put my lips together....and then what?"


6 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Oh my goodness...I died seeing every single photo! He is SOOOOO cute! And he is already looking so much bigger and more mature. I am so happy I could see him when he was brand new. He really is a BEAUTIFUL newborn...Man, C-Sections are the way to go!!! Can't wait to hold him in a week and a half! YAY!

The Boyne's said...

Wow what an adorable liitle man. Kenny that basketball picture is great! I can't wait to meet him. I loved all of the pictures. What a wonderful family of 4. Can't wait to see you soon.

The Plewe Clan said...

What a sweet little boy. It looks like he has dimples...

The Starr Family said...

He's so cute and your subtitles are so funny! I can't wait to see him in real-life! I'm sure your mom is dying to see him too!

Audrey Taylor said...

Congratulations guys! I didn't know what you were up to. I called the first week of May to invite you to Rachel's bday party but I didn't know you just had a baby. Shannon you look GREAT! We should get together. My sons bday is in a couple of weeks. Or, since we're in town you could come over any time.

Rachel Ricchio said...

okay so i dont even know where to start. probably, omg. i cannot believe how utterly adorable your new son is. 2) how long has it been since i have seen your family. i miss you guys sooooo much!!!! ughh...its amazing what time and land can do. 3) LOVE the humor. i can actually hear kenny saying this.