So we've had lots going on the past few months including Brooke's journey into the first grade, multiple birthdays and parties, and of course all the fun that comes with Halloween. Our little man Jake (who is now almost 9 months old) has started crawling and is anxiously laboring to master the art of walking as fast as he can. He is still a ways off from walking on his own but he pulls himself up on pretty much everything he sees anywhere he goes and cruises along using our furniture for support. Go Jake Go!!! Bry continues to be the active ball of energy he's always been and now performs flips on our couch as often as he can despite our best efforts to stop him. Daddy-wise I'm obliged to say he is not allowed to that and it is very dangerous, but man-wise I must say I'm impressed with the boy. I probably won't feel the same way once we end up in the emergency room, but hopefully all our warnings will help him have at least a smidgen of self-preservation. Kids listen to their parents right?? As far as our beautiful Brooklyn is concerned her life keeps her as busy as a bee. She continues to do very well in school and besides that she is still doing gymnastics and piano lessons a few times a week. She's already starting to play basic songs on the piano which are very fun to hear, and I will never tire of seeing her show us how she's improving on her cartwheels. Brooke's a great little helper and light in our life and we feel so lucky to have her as our daughter.
On Brooke's first day of school both her and Bry got silly with the camera!!
The family had their first visit to the new dental practice I work at and Bry even got his first X-rays!!
Brooke looking regal at her cousin's "Princess" birthday party
So Bry has started developing the Webster Boy habit of falling asleep everywhere so it's just kinda fun to capture these moments forever.
Our little almost walker. Jake loves nothing more than being able to roam freely without restraints
Yeah, Jake falls asleep in weird places too:-)
GO COUGARS!!!!
So for our 9th wedding aniversary (Yeah....9 years! Crazy right?!?) Shan got me tickets to the BYU/Texas game up in Austin. The game was.......not the best. But we still had a blast going up with Grant and Alyssa and getting all BYU'd up to get screamed at by Texas fans. All part of the fun of it!!
Our kids love to play so I thought I'd just put in some random play pics as there just fun!
As per usual Shan and I had birthdays within 5 days of each other so we had fun celebrating our annual milestones. Shan finally crossed that great aging threshold into her 30's and in honor of that we threw her a little dress up birthday party. Shan wanted it to have a 50's theme so our awesome friends came all decked out in their 1950's best and we had a great little sock hop, poodle skirts and all ! For my birthday Bry wanted to dress up just like me so we both wore the same outfit throughout the day and had a great time celebrating the completion of my 32nd year!
No better way to celebrate a birthday than with a bunch of ice-cream.
"Mini-me loves chocolate."
Brooke giving me her favorite music for us to enjoy together



"Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee..."
Here's Bry looking normal from the front (just for the record, for a 3 year old a huge juice stained upper lip is normal:-)
But then we get to the back where the hair clippers inexplicably went haywire. Now we instead of Bry we can call him stripe! Luckily the little malfunction left no permanent damage and was easily fixed.
Halloween has been lots of fun this year and it hasn't even happened yet. Bry finally decided he wanted to be Optimus Prime. Brooke is going as Ladybug Girl from the children's book. And because Jake scuttles around on the floor and up anything vertical he can get his hands on we decided to make him a spider. We just warned him to watch out for those water spouts.
2 comments:
Yay! I love all the pictures. The kids are getting so big and you guys are having tons of fun as usual! Can't wait to see you!
Hey kenny,
Great post! Jacob's costume is great... "I'm a 'web'ster!"
See ya next week.
Tom
Post a Comment