Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Jedi/Hogwarts Halloween '09

So Halloween has come and gone and I thought I'd put up a few pictures to commemorate its passing. Brooke decided a few months ago that she wanted to be Hermione Granger and Bryant (Kenny) decided that he wanted to be Yoda because Bryant (Kenny) likes Star Wars so much. Brooke is now really good friends with our neighbor's daughter and they decided to go trick or treating together. It was a lot of fun and pretty much exactly what you'd expect from two little girls dressed up in costumes, out on the street and hopped up on sugar: running, skipping, screaming, playing tag and giggling. Anyway it was a really great time and an excellent kick off to end of the year holidays!



Happy Hogwarts Halloween!



Braids were our chosen method to give Brooke that Hermionie-ish scraggly poofy hair. In the end we had 16 braids which Brooke loved having to play with.



"Presenting my daughter, Coolio"



One poofy haired Hermione at your service



Who knew the mysterious key to all of the Jedi's powers were a steady diet of lollipops?



"Mommy it's the emperor! Don't worry, I'll take care of him! AAAAHHHHH!"


Brooke with her new Texas neighborhood best friend Minnie Mouse.



(Skip)-a-dee-doo-dah!


And now here's the riveting story of two fictional fantasy characters who crossed paths one Hallows Eve. I will warn you this story is not for the faint of heart, but does demonstrate a valuable lesson about who would actually win if Hermione and Yoda ever actually got in a fight.



"Hi! My name is Hermione:-)"


"I'm one of the most powerful witches in the world except I have yet to find the spell capable of reining in my ridiculously large hair."


"And this is what I think of Jedi Masters who are short and green."





"I sense a disturbance in the Force. Dare to disrespect the Jedi Order someone has."




"Teach the poofy haired girl a lesson, I will with my awesome proportionally accurate lightsaber. "



"Oh Yoda, you reached beyond your means and now I have you and your lightsaber cornered. When will you learn that the Harry Potter series is vastly superior to anything that has ever come out of the Star Wars movies? "



Although generally a peacemaker, Hermione then turns to the most vicious wizarding spell to get rid of the Jedi once and for all. "Avada Keda......................"




"In despair I am. Stayed on swampy planet, I should have."



"Lift myself up, I must, and harness all the power of a true Jedi. Take that Hermione!"



"Escaped I have and demonstrate, I will, the strength of a true Jedi"




"Won, I have, but what prize will come to the victor of the great battle?"


"Get to be carried around everywhere by Daddy, I will, while sucking on a cherry DumDum;-)"

7 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

I love it! Haha That duel was awesome! Brooke must be the cuttest Hermione that ever was.
Side note - you guys were much more successful on the pictures taking then we were. Lol We'll see what Tommy can do.. :)

Brad and Ang said...

Dude, how's Texas? I can't believe you guys are down there already. We're gearing up to move down to Arizona next week for 3 months, just when we try to get closer to you guys, you move away! Whatever. Hope you guys are well, we miss you. How's the job, Dr. Webster?

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! We miss you, especially I miss Brooke in Primary. But your new ward and neighborhood is down right LUCKY to have y'all. Mary Kaye

Megan said...

I LOVE Brooke's hair. I may try that look out myself this weekend:)

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow! Cute, cute cute!
I was wondering if you guys will be in town for Christmas and would like to come to dinner on the 18th??? Let me know :>

The Starr Family said...

I just got a chance to see the cute little costumes your kids had. How fun to be Hermoine too! I hope you are all settling into your home now!

Mrs. Evans said...

so so so so so cute!!! Brookey is a perfect Hermoine!! And I love yoda's ears! =) PRecious u2!

=) Kali